Voting

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cheating....Procrastinators welcome!

If you are anything like me then you know what it is like to go through a day and get to the point where you were suppose to have something completed and you have not even started it!  Well I am a fan of taking short cuts but not on the things that matter.  With that in mind I have a secret or two to confess..........but that's gonna have to wait a few minutes!

I have a few friends who like for me to make their birthday cakes for their birthdays or their kids.  I have a method of making cakes at the last minute that I think could prove useful to anyone really.  Now before I tell you don't get me wrong.....I love a good homemade, made from scratch cake BUT there is not always time for that so here is my solution.

When in a pinch I purchase a white cake with plain white icing from the bakery at my grocery store......eeeek my secret is out!  Then I make a batch of marshmallow fondant (which I will put the recipe up soon) and put a lot of love into the decorating of a cake!  Most of the time the cakes that I get asked to make are at the last second so our only option would have been to go the grocery store and pick one up anyway.  This is a fun and easy solution!  I did it recently for a friend so I thought I would share some pictures to help you see that it can be pretty and easy!







Hope you all find this "procrastinator" method easy and helpful!  - Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment