Voting

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Eat more {cake}..


I didn't do this anytime recently but I just wanted to share this cake with you.  I love meringue and so does my Mother in law so for her 60th (really she was turning 35) birthday I made this cake.  It is a 3 tiered, classic white cake that I got my inspiration from Martha Stewart Weddings seen {Here}.  I used Swiss Meringue Buttercream frosting that you can find the recipe from Martha as well {Here}.  After icing the cake I put on Meringue flowers that I piped onto parchment paper and baked.  I adapted the recipe from Martha again...she has a recipe for Meringue Mushrooms but I just made the flowers instead....So I followed her Meringue Recipe and followed the bake times of the Meringue Mushroom Recipe.  Let me know what you think and if you ever try it for yourself!







1 comment: