Voting

Friday, May 13, 2011

Teacher appreciation gifts

Listen up!  {Confessional}........I am a procrastinator.....ugh I said it!  I put it out there for all of you to see.  It is part of who I am and I am constantly trying to better myself in this area but it is one of my faults.  I hope you are going to choose to love me anyway......On the bright side I work BEST under pressure so some of my best ideas come from the 12 hour period before my deadline.

I do have a reason for this confessional.  I am sharing the last minute gifts that I made for the kids teacher appreciation gifts late Thursday night.  I made them from stuff that I had laying around and I think I started at about 11:00pm....see I told you PRO-CRAS-TIN-ATOR!  Anyway I thought that they turned out pretty cute and they were super simple so I thought I would share so if any of you wanted to give it a try yourself you could file it away in your memory bank.

I started with blank cards that you can buy at any craft store.  Or you could just cut from card stock if you really wanted to.



Then I cut out brackets with my Silhouette machine {That I got for Mothers day and am sooo thankful for!} and glued them on with an amazing glue pen from Martha Stewart.  No seriously its amazing!  It is a felt pen and a liquid glue almost like a paint pen you should get one from Michaels.


Then cut out the letters and glued them on.  Super easy and fun.  If you don't have a cutting machine you could always use chipboard letters or cute stickers.


I am really liking the lowercase letters right now.


Switched it up with these and put a scroll design....as I am sure you can see :)



Here are some examples of others that I have made in the past.  It really is such a fun gift to give homemade, personalized stationary.  Give it a try and if you do send me pics! 







3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I think I would have BURST into tears if one of my students had given me these last week! Seriously--PRECIOUS! I would completely buy these if you sold them, so let me know if you ever do! :) I just love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kayla! I probably will be selling them in my Etsy shop so I will let you know :) It such fun to have you comment! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Babe will you make me some that are little more manly! I would love to write some notes to people! Thanks Hunt!

    ReplyDelete